Welcome to Reception
RHF - Miss Fielden, Mrs Green, Mrs Parsons
REB - Miss Baldwin, Mrs Town, Miss Barr
Learning Mentor. - Mrs Owen
Reception are ready for Christmas! They will be writing making and writing Christmas cards, decorating the home corner Christmas tree, learning about the first Christmas, practising their Nativity, and writing a letter to Santa. They will also be talking about their own experiences of celebrating Christmas.
If you have any photographs of your child celebrating Christmas or taking part in Christmas activities please send them in on Tapestry.
Early Years Intent and Implementation
Every child is a unique child who is constantly learning. They can be resilient, capable, confident and self-assured.
Children learn to be strong and independent through positive relationships. We recognise that parents and carers are the primary educators in a child’s life, and we value the contributions they make to a child’s learning and development.
Children learn and develop well in enabling environments, in which their experiences respond to their individual needs and there is a strong partnership between practitioners and parents and carers.
Our Early Years Curriculum at Hollybush Primary is designed to offer children a variety of experiences and give them the opportunities to try things that they wouldn’t experience at home. It is creative, challenging and inspiring. We believe that our Foundation Stage provides the integral tools to allow children to become lifelong learners and who reach their full potential.
By the end of the EYFS stage at Hollybush Primary School our children:
- will be socially confident and emotionally resilient.
- will demonstrate respect for themselves and others and be able to communicate honestly. They will have the communication skills and empathy to solve problems peacefully and successfully.
- will have the knowledge and skills in reading, writing and maths to be successful learners as they move through school.
- will have the language and tools to make safe choices in relationships and the wider environment and community.
- will be active members of the Hollybush community, demonstrating kindness and compassion towards others.
- will be enthusiastic lifelong learners acquiring knowledge building on their interests and talents.
- will be resourceful, resilient, independent learners with a thirst for knowledge.
- will have the language and a rich vocabulary to be able to express their thoughts, feelings and understanding.
- will have an enquiring mind, and the language to ask questions, hypothesise and solve problems through a richly resourced environment.
- will play and explore in the environment to develop their thinking, make links in their learning and acquire knowledge.