Nurture, Respect Aspire
At Hollybush Primary School we aim to ensure that each child is given equal opportunity to attain his/her highest possible standard of academic and social achievements. This is within a learning environment, which is caring and supportive, yet challenging to the children, motivating them and encouraging their independence as learners.
We Aim to:
- To create a happy, healthy school in which everyone feels valued.
- To provide a caring, secure and stimulating environment in which to educate each child intellectually, socially, emotionally, morally and physically, so that he/she can reach their full potential, moving on to the next stage of their education with confidence and high self-esteem, and being prepared for their adult role in society.
- To ensure that all teaching is of a high standard, enabling children to make good progress in all subjects.
- To provide an inclusive curriculum, which is broad, balanced, relevant and differentiated to each child’s needs.
- To provide equality of opportunity for all, regardless of age, gender, race, religion, culture, physical disability or special educational need.
- To have high expectations of both achievement and behaviour.
- To encourage children to be self-motivated and develop a positive attitude towards learning so that they can respond to challenges, develop lively, enquiring minds and apply themselves to tasks with self-discipline and an increasing sense of responsibility for their own actions.
- To foster an ethos of co-operation, develop an understanding of right and wrong, and feel and show respect and tolerance towards others.
- To foster in children a sense of responsibility and caring for the school environment and to become aware of the global community and of how wider environmental issues may involve them.
- To involve parents in their children’s education and encourage strong links between home and school.